The amount of beard trimming tools available in the market today are testament to the rise of the varied and endless trimming styles that are prevalent as of this day. There are several, very simple tips available today, that can guide you through the entire process and give you that perfect bearded look that you desire. These have been discussed here.
Beard Trimming Tools
Before you get started and begin trimming your beard, the first thing that you need to do is get the right beard trimming tools. With these handy tools at your disposal, you can master pretty much all the techniques that you will ever come across. No beard style will be unachievable if you have the right tools to perform your task.
The following are the most basic tools that you will require in order to perfectly trim and groom your beard.
- Scissors, or a beard trimmer
- A wall mirror or a hand held mirror, or both
- Shaving oil or shaving gel
- A clean, (new) razor
- A wide-toothed and a narrow-toothed comb
Note: Keep in mind to keep your beard hair dry before you carry out the trimming. This is important because, when you wet the hair, it becomes longer, and as a result, you may end up cutting more hair than you desire. Such that when it dries, it will look shorter than what you wanted.
- In case you're using a comb and special beard trimming scissors, then you must comb through the mustache and trim the outer portion. This technique will take some time to learn, but it is very effective. And it also prevents the cutting of too much hair.
- The best place to start the trimming process is under the ear, on the side-locks of the face. Go down one side first and then trim the hair on the other side.
- If you are using an electronic beard trimming device, read the instructions carefully and set the trimmer to cut a length that you desire. Learn how to work the trimmer properly.
- After you have trimmed the beard hair and the mustache, you should shape the beard the way you want. Ideally, this can be done using the razor and shaving gel. Find any stray hair and get rid of it. Do not pluck it.
- Regularly washing and shampooing your hair with a mild shampoo is also highly recommended and it greatly eases the task of trimming your beard.
- Maintain and clean your trimmer and scissors and other tools used on a regular basis. It will be easier to follow these tips if all your tools are in working order.
- It is important for you to decide beforehand, what the final look of your beard should be. Plan this before you begin the trimming process. Do not aimlessly trim your beard hoping that it will turn out alright. In most cases it will not.
- Make proper use of the mirrors that you have at your disposal. Look at the beard from every angle until you are absolutely satisfied with the way that it has turned out. Do not ignore this step, as it is quite possible to have missed out some portions of the beard in the trimming process, and this will only be visible from certain angles.
Take care of your beard by following these tips and your beard will certainly be envied by many.