It is a common assumption that men are just not bothered about their looks, and are not willing to make an effort. A fact that they will never admit is that like women, they are equally conscious and bothered about the way they look, and also like getting themselves pampered at beauty salons and spas.
Though, there are many beauty treatments exclusively for men, they may not serve the basic purpose of maintenance. By following some simple beauty tips, and a proper regimen for skincare and hair care, men can also achieve the looks that they desire. Here are a few appropriate measures.
Facial skincare is what many men overlook, not knowing that it is indeed very important. They have 15% more oilier skin than women, which leads to rampant skin disorders like acne, wrinkles, blemishes, etc. Follow the steps mentioned here to avoid such occurrences.
- Cleanse, tone, and moisturize your face on a daily basis. Men with very oily skin should use a soap-free cleanser, and a face gel in place of a moisturizer. A moisturizer that contains clay properties can also be used.
- Use a face scrub, at least twice a week, to get rid of dead skin cells, blackheads, and white heads. Follow it up with a homemade face pack.
- Always use a sunscreen when going out in the sun, to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays.
- Prior to shaving, wash your face with a soap-free face wash, wet the beard with warm water, and let it soak well for a minute or two. Use a shaving cream that contains vitamin E or aloe vera, as it would be less harsh on your skin. After shaving, use an after-shave toner, and follow it up with some moisturizer.
- Visit a salon once a month, to get a face cleanup done. This will rid you of unwanted black heads, clogged skin pores, and pimples. Do not hesitate to get an occasional salon or homemade facial done.
The most common hair problems that men face are hair loss, graying, and dandruff. This is mainly due to the lack of appropriate hair care, and also due to dust, pollution, and harmful UV rays of the sun. The following hair care tips will rid you of hair problems.
- The most important aspect is caring for the scalp. Always use a mild shampoo, followed by a moisturizing conditioner. If you have dandruff, use a good anti-dandruff shampoo and conditioner. You can also use a hair serum to maintain the texture of your hair.
- Wash your hair at least thrice a week. Massage your hair and scalp with oil that contains vitamin E, and leave it on for a few hours before you wash it off.
- Do not wash your hair with warm or hot water. Always use lukewarm or cool water for this purpose.
- Avoid toweling or blow-drying, as it can cause hair breakage, leading to considerable hair loss, and ultimately, baldness. Do not brush wet hair, and allow it to air-dry for a while.
- Avoid the use of hair straighteners, accessories, and products, that can damage your hair follicles.
- To tackle graying, get your hair colored, using a color or dye that suits your skin tone.
- Get your hair trimmed regularly, and wear a cap or hat while venturing out in the sun and pollution.
Hand and Nail Care
Hand and nail care is something that even many women tend to ignore. Hence, it is no big deal if men completely ignore it. However, they must understand that clean and filed nails are the signs of a well-groomed man.
- Moisturize your hands, and fingers daily after a bath. Keep your hands, and the area between the fingers, clean.
- Do not bite your fingernails. Instead, trim them on a regular basis, and file them appropriately to avoid brittle nails.
- Getting an occasional manicure at a salon, is just fine.
It is very essential to care for your feet, in order to avoid foot infections. The following tips will help you maintain clean and healthy feet.
- Wash your feet regularly, and keep the area between the toes clean and dry.
- Trim your toenails regularly, and file them.
- Use a foot care lotion to avoid rough, dry feet.
- You can also use a pumice stone or foot file, to get rid of thick, dead skin from the heels and ankles.
- If you are going to be wearing socks all day, make sure you use a deodorizing foot spray or talcum powder to avoid stinky feet. Also, clean your shoes before you wear them.
These tips are sure to work for you. However, remember that the most important factor that makes heads turn is your confidence.