Many young men who are unable to grow a mustache, are always looking for ways of growing or speeding up the process of growth of facial hair.
One good way to go about it is to use facial hair growth products. There are many such products available in the market. But you should be aware about the ingredients and the safety of these products before using them.
Facial Hair Growth Products for Men
So how effective are these products? Do they really speed up the process of facial hair growth? Or is it all just a marketing gimmick? Well, from what I've read and heard, here is the truth. Here are some facts should provide a better idea of the usefulness of these products.
Growth of facial hair almost entirely depends on the following factors:
- Testosterone levels
- Overall health (to a certain extent)
When and how much your facial hair will grow, depends a lot on your genes and the genetic characteristics and features you have inherited from your parents. You can't do much to change that aspect of your body. Growth of the facial hair is a sign of outward or physical maturity, and the body's testosterone levels are closely associated with this factor.
Low testosterone levels can result in lack of facial hair.Your overall body health also plays an important role in the growth of facial hair.
As far as these products are concerned, I would say that there are no known products which guarantee to stimulate facial hair growth, or speed up the process. Facial hair growth is different from hair growth on the head, and cosmetic hair growth products are known to be effective only in the case of the latter.
Growth of facial hair is a natural process and one that takes its own sweet time. However, if you're hellbent on trying to speed up the process of growing a beard, you should try the following:
- Try taking small doses of Biotin (a water-soluble B vitamin). It is said to boost the process of hair growth (in case of hair on the head). Who knows, maybe it can produce the desired results with the facial hair too. However, it is recommended that you consult a doctor before taking any such nutritional supplements.
- Try massaging your jaw, chin, etc. with a little bit of eucalyptus oil. Eucalyptus oil is said to be good for hair growth and it may speed up the process of growing a beard.
- Try shaving. Shaving, more often than not, results in the hair growing back faster and thicker. It may well help you speed up the process of growing a beard.
- Cleanliness is another factor which promotes fast growth of facial hair. Use of steam is especially helpful which allows opening the pores of skin and makes the process of cleaning much easier. Exfoliation, i.e., removal of dead skin is another process which opens the pores of skin.
My advice to you is, do not run after any so-called wonder product. The tested and tried methods of promoting hair growth that are mentioned, should be far more effective. Let your beard grow on its own, and allow it to take its own sweet time to do so.