A beautiful relationship can sustain on the same level when both partners understand each other completely. Love is blind, and it can make us do strangest of things! But to err is human, and this is one point we all have to tackle when in a relationship. Guys often complain they do not understand what women want. Well, that can hold true, but only to a certain extent. To understand a girl, you would need to know her completely. When cupid strikes, we often throw all our cares to the wind and fall deeply in love.
However, we fail to understand we must accept the person how he/she is rather than change the person as per our needs and wants. Have you ever thought what is the level of understanding you share with your girlfriend? When was the last time you communicated with her on a deeper level? Emotional attachment is as important as being physically involved with a person.
Perhaps, it would be a wise idea for the partners to begin knowing each other as an individual. Men who only rant and rave about difficult girlfriends need to pause for a moment, and try to know every little thing about her nature. Here's a compilation of good questions to ask your girlfriend, which would reveal many details about her personality and help to strengthen this beautiful bond.
Knowing your Girlfriend on a Personal Level
- If you have met recently and although your heart is thumping wildly saying, 'This is the one!', take a step back and get to know her better.
- To maintain interest in the conversation, you can ask her some good and simple questions pertaining to her hobbies and the kind of interests she has.
- 'What kind of music do you listen to?' or 'What's your favorite pastime' would serve as the initial icebreakers. These kinds of simple questions would help you to know her likes and dislikes. This would help you both to spend time more effectively.
- If you are hoping for many more interesting dates with her, there are some more things you should know about her. Ask about her most favorite restaurant or her favorite food items. This would surely give you a good clue about the kind of date you need to plan for the coming weekend.
- Does she like flowers and chocolates? Or is she the outdoorsy kind? Ask her these questions indirectly, and you will surely be surprised at the closeness you develop with her as time passes.
- Is she a dance freak or is she an environmental activist? These are certain angles you would need to work upon to know her on a personal level and understand her values and principles in life.
- In case you are really close to your girlfriend and would like to discuss more serious relationship issues, you can ask her about her future plans. Her plans for her future would give you an idea where she would like to settle down or her preferred destination.
- This would help you to ascertain whether you do share similar future goals as a couple. Avoid asking about her past life or relationships unless she willingly tells you all the details. These topics are delicate issues, and you surely don't want to burn the bridges with something related to her past.
It is always good to ask questions to your girlfriend to know each other on a closer level. In any relationship, growth for both individuals is an important aspect. The more you converse with her, the more she would also get to know about you. With time, you would realize the comfort levels have surely improved, and women are surely not as complicated as they seem!