So, what are the best hair color ideas for men who want to express their personality? We’re glad you asked.
The 5 best hair color ideas for men
Stylish men can get away with wearing just about anything because they’ve got the confidence to pull it off. Still, some colors will always look better than others. Your ideal shade depends on numerous factors, including your skin tone, face shape, and eye color.
In terms of trend, there are at least five different hues considered appropriate for modern-day men. Each one has its pros and cons, so let’s explore those now:
- Black – This color is ideal for professional men and guys with dark or olive skin tones. It’s easy to maintain and covers grey easily but your roots will show quickly if you have lighter hair underneath.
- Blonde – This shade really brings out light-colored eyes and tanned skin. It’s more difficult to maintain and doesn’t cover the grey as much, but the lighter hue makes it easier to play with vibrant colors.
- Red – The color red represents power and authority. It looks amazing on all skin tones and makes quite the fashion statement, but it’s extremely difficult to maintain without lots of trips to the barbershop.
- Blue – Blue hair is always a hit because it’s masculine and edgy. Less difficult to maintain than blonde or red, this color stays put for a really long time. That could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your lifestyle.
- Kaleidoscope – Kaleidoscope hair colors are a mixture of several different shades and hues. The complexity of this style makes it the most difficult to maintain. However, it’s ideal for every man except the one with a dress code at work.
Other hair color ideas for men
Obviously, that is not an exhaustive list of all the popular hair colors for guys. Trends may continually change, but the classics stay the same. Remember that.
What to do before and after dying your hair
Choosing the best hair color ideas for men is only half the battle. You should also know how to properly dye your hair so you don’t end up bald. Afterward, adequate maintenance and a fresh cut are crucial.
Learning how to take care of your newly dyed do isn’t hard. Here are a few simple tips from the pros:
- Remove all styling products from your hair shaft and scalp.
- Skip a wash before applying bleach to your hair because your natural oils will act as protection.
- Do a spot test to avoid allergic reactions.
- Review the instructions on any at-home hair dying kit you’ve purchased.
- Hire a professional stylist for thin or brittle hair and for complex designs.
- Skip a wash for 24 hours after dying or bleaching your hair.
- Wash with fortifying shampoo and moisturizing conditioner to prevent breakage.
- DO NOT re-dye your hair for at least 4 to 6 weeks.
Your hair can be any color and you’d still look sharp. Still, it’s nice to sport a shade that compliments your body and attire. So, choose carefully and learn how to maintain your hot new hairstyle.