A tie is a must have supplement for men's formal clothing, and is always incomplete without a tie pin or tie clip. Tie pins and clips are terms that are used synonymously for each other but they differ in their mechanism.
How to Use a Tie Pin
There are so many varieties of tie pins that you can choose from. You can don tie pins at the work place as well as at a formal dinner. Some of you may not like the idea of wearing one at work, but if you choose a perfect formal designer clothing that goes with it, then it certainly makes you look stylish and enhances your personality as well as appearance.
Wearing a tie pin gives an impression that you are a smart, tidy, and a disciplined person. But always make sure to choose the right style that complement the color and texture of your tie.
- Its placement is also a wide area to experiment with. To make it look poised with the tie, make sure it measures ¾ of the total width of the tie.
- If you are wearing a jacket, then try to place it a little above so that it can be seen.
- Choosing the right material is also essential. They are available in various metals, lightweight, and heavyweight.
- For award functions, black tie affairs, weddings, or on the day of business mergers, a gold-plated variety is ideal, as it makes you look classy, sophisticated, and elite.
- For other parties and casual wear, you can try silver tie pins or those made with semi-precious stones, that can go well with white shirts or solid colors. You can decide which type to wear depending on the venue, occasion, and the fabric of the suit.