If you’ve been thinking about Botox for men, listen closely because the facts are coming. Learn the pros and cons so you can make an educated decision about your looks. Then, use what you know to feel better about yourself.
What is botox for men?
You’ve probably heard the word “botox” in movies and beauty magazines but what exactly is it? Most of the people who get it are women and the side effects can be questionable. So, when you hear the words “bacterium Clostridium botulinum” in the next paragraph, don’t be alarmed. Meanwhile, stop thinking men can’t get it too.
Bacterium Clostridium botulinum releases a special toxin, and that toxin gets used to produce the botox shot. Doctors then inject small doses of it into targeted parts of a patient’s face or body to smooth their wrinkles and enhance their looks. The procedure renders temporary results, so most men can easily experiment without a commitment.
DID YOU KNOW: The toxin in botox is the same one responsible for deadly food poisoning, or botulism.
The side effects
There are some common side effects that you should be aware of before you become a fan of botox for men (or women for that matter). Here’s what you need to look out for:
- Excessive armpit sweating
- Neck or shoulder muscle contractions
- Spastic blinking
- Chronic fatigue
- Uncontrollable bladder
- Localized pain
- Acute swelling
- Drooping eyelids
Remember, Botox works by paralyzing the muscles at the injection site. That could be extremely dangerous for some men, especially since side effects can last for up to 12 months. Be sure to monitor yourself closely in the hours following an injection. And as always, contact your doctor if your side effects become severe or life-threatening.
Understanding the pros and cons of Botox for men
It doesn’t matter who you are, getting Botox can be scary. It certainly helps when you know exactly what to expect. So, here are the ups and downs of this groundbreaking procedure for you to consider:
- You’ll look younger instantly. Botox needs only a few minutes to take effect.
- You can customize the size of each injection. So, consult with a dermatologist for the best results.
- It’s only available through a trained doctor. That means you can’t get botched Botox unless you really try.
- The results are long-lasting. Therefore, you won’t have to pay for expensive treatments all the time.
- There are some major risks involved. Although rare, some people have had extreme reactions to the Botox shot.
- It’s not guaranteed to make you more attractive. That means you’ll have to keep working on your personality.
- The procedure can be really costly. So, be sure to save up if you want to get more than one treatment.
As a general rule, never get Botox unless you’ve studied the pros and cons carefully.
Botox for men may not be the safest thing in the world but it enhances a man’s appearance either way. Talk to your doctor for more information.