Choosing between the best clothing boxes for men can be difficult. On one hand, there’s the convenience of having tailored clothes dropped off at your doorstep. On the other hand, it’s hard telling what you’ll get in each shipment. Many subscription outfitting options allow members to customize their picks, but that’s not the only thing that’s important to stylishly discerning men.
How to pick out the perfect clothing boxes for men
Contrary to popular belief, most men are extremely picky about the clothes they wear. Selecting the perfect clothing subscription box can therefore be tough. Buyers must remember the importance of fashion as well as function. So, this is what they generally consider first:
- Personal Style. A subscription box for men’s clothing can look great in pictures but ridiculous on you, especially if the items don’t fit your personal style. Look at some of the brand’s past offerings to determine where you fit. If possible, customize each shipment to include practical pieces that can be mixed or matched with other items in your closet.
- Body Dimensions. No two bodies are the same size or shape. Take accurate measurements of your height, inseam, arm length, and waist before shopping for new men’s clothes. Most of the time, the subscription will begin with a series of general questions about your body type. Answer them honestly to get the best fitting pieces.
- Lifestyle Obligations. Your lifestyle and social or professional obligations play a huge role in the clothes you wear. Be mindful that some clothing boxes for men feature only casual items while others focus primarily on formal looks. Study the contents of each subscription to decide whether or not the boxes offered are right for you.
- Storage Space. Clothing boxes for men often come on a recurring basis – monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, etc. Extra room for new stuff is needed all the time. Are you ready to reorganize your closets often? Do you have enough space for this type of growth? Try to figure that out ahead of time.
- Budget. Male clothing subscription boxes vary widely in price and are usually set up on an autorenewal program. Be sure you have the money to cover membership dues because bank overdraft fees can add up quickly. Also, check to see if the box supplier lets you skip shipments every now and then.
What’s usually included in the best clothing boxes for men?
The contents of today’s best male clothing boxes depend heavily on the supplier’s affiliated brands, but here’s what you’ll most likely find inside:
- Dress pants and/or jeans
- Leisure bottoms (sweats, sports shorts, etc.)
- T-shirts and/or hoodies
- Collared and/or button-up shirts
- Underwear and socks
- Long underwear
- Jackets and/or coats
- Shoes and boots
NOTE: The quality and quantity of the items you receive are typically based on the subscription tier you choose. Visit the supplier’s official website for more detailed information.
Overall, picking out the perfect clothing boxes for men isn’t always easy. Still, it’s usually worth every penny when you know how to choose the right one.