Tattoo ideas for men are everywhere, from magazine covers and TV shows to doctor’s offices and courtrooms. In fact, experts say that more than 35% of Americans have at least one piece of ink on their bodies. However, not all body art is the same. These things last forever, so gather plenty of inspiration before putting needle to skin. After all, a well-placed tattoo inscribed by a talented artist can speak volumes where a graphic t-shirt or e-mail signature fails.
5 attractive tattoo ideas for men
Some men like tasteless tattoos, and that’s fine for the ones who enjoy getting rejected by potential partners. But even if dating isn’t your biggest concern, most men still prefer not to look stupid when they walk out of the tattoo shop. They also don’t want the same tattoo everyone else has. Here are the 5 options that the most creative men usually entertain:
- A Personal Quote. It’s almost impossible for another person to have the same exact words in the same exact order as you. Plus, personal quote tattoos demonstrate your depth of character. They’re meaningful, fully customizable, and ultra-attractive if you choose your words carefully.
- An Esoteric Symbol. Symbols help convey a message that words cannot, so be just as careful here. Remember that the more mysterious the symbolism on your body art, the more interesting you’ll appear to possible mates. Just be sure you can explain what it means when you’re asked.
- A Zodiac Remix. Hey handsome, what’s your sign? This is your chance to show off that cool tattoo and hot bod, so don’t miss it because you have bare skin. Transform your zodiac sign from an easily recognizable image to something more telling of your personality. Can someone say “conversation piece?”
- A Picture Story. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. It’s also said that every man has a unique story to tell. Share intimate parts of your journey (or someone else’s) and don’t forget to be creative with the details. This is one of the most popular tattoo ideas for men, so far.
- A Cult Classic Reference. Tattoos with cult classic references not only bring people together but they also express your interests in a unique way. Talk to a licensed tattoo artist about the possibilities and then try to combine the idea with a clever picture story for maximum appeal.
5 Ideal locations for good tattoos
Picking out the right tattoo is important but then again, so is choosing the right spot for it. These are your most attractive options:
- Bicep: Ideal for collages and story art.
- Tricep: Popular for esoteric symbolism.
- Upper Back: Best for large pictures.
- Forearm: Good for cult classic references.
- Calf: Great for zodiac remixes.
Other attractive locations for hot tattoos include the hands and fingers, the thighs, the stomach, and the neck.
One thing to keep in mind when considering several tattoo ideas for men is that there are no rules. You can make body art anything you want it to be. Just be sure the ink you choose is exactly what you imagined, or else.