Men’s fashion doesn’t always get the attention it deserves, so puff up your chest with these motivational fashion quotes for men. You’ll be the cock of the walk in no time flat if you repeat them in the mirror.
The top 10 fashion quotes for men
Even the strong, silent types need words of wisdom every now and then. Putting together an amazing outfit isn’t always easy. Then again, neither is feeling confident about what you put on. So, here are 10 awesome quotes about men’s fashion for some extra motivation:
- “Fashion is a language that creates itself in clothes to interpret reality.” – Real Men Real Fashion
- “Clothes mean nothing until someone lives in them.” – Marc Jacobs
- “Looking good isn’t self-importance; it’s self-respect.” – Charles Hix
- “A man should look as if he has bought his clothes with intelligence, put them on with care, and then forgotten all about them.” – Hardy Amiesn
- “Boys have swagger. Men have style. Gentlemen have character.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn.” – Orson Welles
- “Fashion should be a form of escapism, and not a form of imprisonment.” – Alexander McQueen
- “There is another reason for dressing well, namely that dogs respect it, and will not attack you in good clothes.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Clothes and manners do not make the man; but when he is made, they greatly improve his appearance.” – Arthur Ashe
- “All it takes are a few simple outfits. And there’s one secret – the simpler the better.” – Cary Grant
You’ve just heard from some of the greatest minds in men’s fashion. If famous style icons find it so important, so should you. After all, Tom Ford once said that dressing well is a form of good manners.
5 ways to use your new style mantras for max appeal
It’s one thing to know a handful of awesome quotes, but it’s another to actually use them. The brilliant minds who spouted those words wanted all men to consider them carefully. To do so, use these simple strategies:
- Say them to yourself when you feel like dressing down or being lazy.
- Repeat them in the mirror if you’re lacking self-esteem or motivation.
- Include them in your outfit choices when you’ve got an important occasion coming up.
- Use them every time you feel nervous or uncertain about your fashion sense.
- Share them with other men, especially if your friend needs a confidence boost.
By carefully and confidently using these fashion quotes for men, you do your part to ensure the words never die.
PRO TIP: Style is a very personal thing, so don’t forget to add some flair. As William Battie once said, “Style is when they’re running you out of town and you make it look like you’re leading the parade.” That’s the voice of a man who appreciates individuality.
Trends come and go but true fashion lasts forever. Stylish men always understand that, which is why their famous quotes have outlasted the test of time.