Ceremonies are important because they’re milestones in a person’s life. So, whether you’re a participant or just a guest, it’s crucial to look your best. Formal occasions require handsome wedding suits for men but finding the right one can be extremely frustrating.
It’s not like you have a perfectly pressed tuxedo hanging up in your closet. You probably don’t have the right shoes and accessories either. It’s okay to start unprepared, but it’s not okay to arrive that way. So, here’s how to find the best looking attire for the occasion.
5 ways to get the best wedding suit for men
Your body type is unique, which means you shouldn’t shop directly from the mannequin. Instead, use the featured ensemble as an inspiration for your own look. Keep in mind that most wedding suit boutiques are staffed with skilled tailors and stylists to help.
When you’re ready, approach the situation with the following 5 things in mind:
- Color scheme coordination – Don’t forget which colors the bride and groom have picked out for their special occasion. Your suit should match or coordinate with their selected color scheme. For best results, contact the bridal party for confirmation before buying.
- Suit style and cut – There are countless different types of wedding suits for men. They’re not all cut or styled in the same way though. But because your part in this formal affair is so essential, try to find something that compliments the event theme.
- Your comfort level – You’re going to wear this suit for several hours, so make sure it’s comfortable. The wedding photographer expects good pictures too. That means you should avoid suits and tuxes that pinch, ride up, or fit improperly.
- Ceremonial expectations – Your role in the upcoming wedding will determine what type of attire you’ll be expected to wear. As a general rule, the wedding party is supposed to be the best dressed. Guests are welcome to dress more casually, so know your place.
- The budget – Find out who is responsible for buying or renting your suit, then respect the budget. There are dozens of ways to save money on this occasion, so do your homework before heading to the store.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions of the staff, especially if you’re unsure about how something is worn.
Tips for trying it on
Once you’ve found the perfect suit, you then have to tailor it to fit your body. That’s why trying it on is such a valuable step. Here’s how to make the most of your time:
- Know your body dimensions before you arrive.
- Express body image concerns with the tailor.
- Allow 3-6 weeks for custom fittings.
Always start shopping for men’s formalwear in advance because most ensembles must be customized by hand. If all else fails, get instant style with a curated clothing box for men.
There are thousands of wedding suits for men and hundreds of unique styles to choose from. That’s why it’s so important to shop wisely. Use what you know to avoid expensive frustrations on this happy occasion. Then, dress to impress and get ready to party.