Laser hair removal for men is finally a thing. Best of all, it’s just as safe and stylish as it always was. So, how do you get it done, and are there things you need to worry about? Let’s find out.
What is laser hair removal for men?
This advanced process removes hair by destroying the follicle. Essentially, it sends concentrated rays of laser light to the targeted area and then provides a quick and easy way to remove unwanted fuzz. It also works on any body part.
Meanwhile, those pulses of light protect the skin from bacterial infections, cuts, and surface damage. They also prevent the hair from growing back. However, there are some safety tips to think about before booking an appointment.
Why is it important?
Laser hair removal for men is important for many reasons. Firstly, groomed body hair is better for your health. It also helps you look and smell fresher throughout the day. Secondly, there’s not always enough time in the schedule to shave. Too many men walk around with a five o’clock shadow they could have avoided.
Furthermore, using razors or trimmers instead of lasers can be difficult and dangerous. There’s always the fear of cutting yourself, but did you know that razors can harbor bacteria too? Imagine getting bacteria inside of a cut on your body or face. Let’s just say it wouldn’t be pretty.
When to get laser hair removal for men
There’s no wrong time to get your hair laser removed. In fact, modern men do it for a wide variety of reasons. Here are just a few of them to give you some inspiration:
- Before a big event – freshen up prior to making your appearance.
- Because of your genes – some men grow more hair in places that other men grow none.
- For a style update – contemporary trends say that men should be bare in certain spots.
By the way, you don’t need anyone’s permission to get laser hair removal. Most practitioners can take walk-ins or schedule sessions by appointment. So, when you’re ready, ask them for details about removing hair from different parts of your body. Just be aware that some spots may cost more than others.
FACT: Hair removal for men is available almost anywhere that women get it done. However, some barbershops are starting to offer the service too.
Safety tips and style tricks
Being under a laser can feel intimidating, and that’s okay because licensed technicians know exactly what they’re doing. But do you? Let’s make sure by going over some basic safety guidelines:
- Make sure your skin is clean before your appointment. The tech will probably wash the spot they’re working on but that’s about it.
- Keep the area cleaned and moisturized in the days following the procedure. That’s because your skin will be extremely raw and sensitive for a few days.
- Follow the technician’s instructions to the letter. In other words, don’t start experimenting with your health just to speed up the process.
Remember, laser hair removal for men can be dangerous if you don’t maintain the area.
The final verdict
Talk to your local technician to find out more information about laser hair removal for men.