Head tattoos for men are becoming increasingly popular these days. So, what are the risks and benefits, and which one should you pick? Stay tuned.
What are head tattoos for men?
Head tattoos are subdermal ink-based art pieces. Men use them to etch permanent figures and images into the skin on their cranium for fashion. As a result, some of them are pretty neat and many are extremely complex.
Meanwhile, tattoo trends for men have changed drastically over the centuries. Once upon a time, we hammered simple ink dots into our skulls. Nowadays, we go to fancy tattoo parlors to get professional art placed on our faces. Times have changed and so too have our opinions about head tattoos for men.
The pros and cons of getting ink on your head
There are countless reasons why men get tattoos on their heads. In fact, it makes no sense to even talk about it because we’d be here all day. Instead, let’s discuss the advantages and disadvantages of head tattoos for men (and women, for that matter):
- You can express yourself creatively. The art you pick will be unique and one-of-a-kind (most likely).
- The tattooed become part of a new community. It’s like an underground social club for fashion misfits, rebels, and poets.
- They make amazing conversation pieces. After all, everyone wants to know what that image is on your dome.
- Your street cred increases. Think about it this way: nobody wants to mess with the guy who got ink injected into his skull.
- Hats and hair can cover it. That way, you’ll never miss out on an opportunity because of your appearance.
NOTE: Contrary to popular belief, tattoos age at the same speed as your skin so they don’t look too bad when you get old.
- The work is permanent. So, you better pick a design that’s timeless or else you’ll look foolish in a few years.
- You put yourself on display. That means you can forget about privacy and blending in for the rest of your life.
- Your ink could cause an allergic reaction. As such, you need to get work done at licensed tattoo shops only.
NOTE: Ink can be removed through targeted laser treatments but many think the procedure hurts more than getting the tattoo itself.
How to pick the best head tattoos for men
Picking out the perfect head tattoo is tough, but you’ll look better if you choose the right one. So, here are three guidelines to help you make that happen:
- Location, location, location – Did you know that tattoo ink under the skin can make you sweat differently?
- The dimensions – Proportion is important when you’re dealing with limited space and personal discretion.
- Imagery and symbolism – Keep in mind what you’re communicating to the rest of the world.
If all else fails, ask your tattoo artist to help create a customized piece that’s the perfect size, shape, and form.
Choosing the best head tattoos for men isn’t as hard as you think. In fact, it’s easier to get a good one today than ever before.