Being part of a wedding is a huge honor. The good news is that not all marriages begin with large, formal ceremonies with tuxedos and gowns. Some are more laid back than that. So for those, you’ll need to find the best casual wedding attire for men because the couple expects you to dress accordingly.
The best casual wedding attire for men
Men are relatively easy to dress for formal or semi-formal occasions. That’s because there are no expensive dresses to buy and their accessories are kept to a minimum. Still, some outfits seem to work better than others for guys who are attending weddings.
You can look great and still feel cozy if you put on the right ensemble. So, select your shirts and pants wisely because you can’t exactly go home and change. Meanwhile, try one of these on for size:
- Dark wash jeans and a polo (Super Casual) – Wear starched, fitted blue jeans and your best short or long-sleeved polo shirt.
- Khakis and a button-up shirt (Business Casual) – Pair some clean, pressed khaki pants with a nice collared shirt for a groomed yet relaxed look.
- Dress slacks and a fitted blazer (Semi-Formal) – Show up in ironed slacks and throw a tailored jacket over the time to show your style.
For the best results, always talk to the bride and groom for dressing tips. Also, ask them about the wedding’s theme and color scheme to make sure your outfit matches.
Where to get your clothes
There are many stores that offer casual wedding attire for men and women. Just keep in mind that the price ranges can vary widely. Plus, you most likely have something doable in your closet already.
If not, check out one of these popular stores where men often go shopping for their laid-back wedding attire:
- Men’s Wearhouse – You can get suits, tuxedos, and just about everything in between from this place.
- Dillard’s – It’s known for its wide selection of casual and semi-formal clothing for men, women, and children.
- Brooks Brothers – This store always has discounts on high-quality casualwear for men attending weddings.
Remember, you can often find coupon codes for all these stores online by visiting their official website.
How to style casual wedding attire for men
Before arriving so casually that the bridegroom thinks you just woke up, try styling your outfit using one of these 4 tips:
- Make sure your outfit is appropriate for the venue because it’s not okay to show up at a church wearing shorts (but you could probably get away with it at the beach).
- Perk up your look with a few well-placed accessories. For example, put on a shiny watch or bracelet if you plan to wear a short-sleeved shirt.
- Bring or wear layers just in case. After all, you never know where the party might lead and outdoor weddings are subject to the weather.
- Only wear colors that coordinate with the other pieces you’ve got on. As a general rule, black and brown do not mix.
To get more ideas on what to wear to a casual wedding, consult with the bridal party because they’re almost always ready to pounce on a good makeover.