The dress code at your workplace depends on several things, but least of all your personal style. So, make a compromise. Show up looking the way your boss prefers but add a little twist to it. After all, who says professional dress for men has to be boring?
What is the best professional dress for men?
This cool style is a clever, comfortable mix between casual and formal. In fact, it’s sometimes called “business casual” because it uses pieces from both categories. For example, you might wear a fitted blazer and tie with a pair of loafers and some khakis. That’s why they say this dress code is all about presentation.
Thus, the best professional menswear always looks tailored and well thought out. It’s not a matter of the brands you wear or even the colors. You can appear ready for business in just about anything if you style it right (and pay attention to the company’s wardrobe requirements).
3 ways to make a killer outfit for work
You’ve got an important job to do. Plus, you have to appear prepared and perform miracles under pressure. So, dress for success by styling yourself with these three simple tips:
- Make sure it’s comfortable. Still, that doesn’t mean you should show up in sweatpants and a hoodie.
- Wear nothing but breathable materials. You’re a working man after all. So, stay cool, calm, and confident.
- Put on some broken-in shoes. That’s because you never know when work pressures will go straight to your feet. . .er, head.
Also, try to coordinate your pieces so that the outfit looks deliberate. For good measure, match your shoes and belt with your briefcase. Then, match your tie to your shirt, pants, and blazer. Afterward, make everything looks good together.
Where can I find top-quality professional dress for men?
There are countless places to get good clothes for pros, but the prices can vary widely just like the quality can. That’s why it’s important to shop around and try a few things on. Still, not everyone has enough time for all of that, so then what?
Well, you start shopping online or looking at specific stores instead of hunting down each individual item. Truth be told, that’s one of the best ways to find hidden deals and discontinued garments. So to save both time and money, start your search with one of these popular stores:
- Bonobos – They’ve got affordable clothes and even offer a virtual assistant when you’re shopping.
- Twillory – They always host big sales and have BOGO deals on clothing and accessories for professional men.
- Dockers – They’re the standard in professional dress for men, with coordinated neutrals for every occasion.
- The Tie Bar – Their inventory helps men add a little flair to otherwise boring business clothes.
- Nordstrom Rack – They sell full brand lineups to help men coordinate and market through their unique fashion sense.
NOTE: You can also rent clothes for work if you sign up for the right subscription box.
Regardless of where you work, dressing like you mean it can help you feel more confident and productive. So, choose your clothes wisely because you’re more than just a professional man. You’re a whole mood.