Men have a lot on their shoulders and tons of hair on their faces. So, should they be grooming their brows, or nah? If so, what’s the best eyebrow style for men, and how does a regular Joe pull off his favorite look? Well, first he reads the rest of this article to get some pointers from the pros.
Should guys dye, pluck, or wax their eyebrows?
It’s an individual man’s decision whether or not he wants to alter his own eyebrows. After all, he is the one who has to live with the outcome, not anybody else. The point of plucking, dying, and waxing is to create a style that makes you feel more confident and capable. So, if that means grooming and accessorizing your face, then so be it.
NOTE: Eyebrow tweaking has little to do with a man’s sexual orientation because it’s considered general hygiene to keep stray hairs at bay. Still, certain styles are considered signs of homosexuality.
What’s the best eyebrow style for men?
The best style for any man’s eyebrows depends on several things. First of all, he needs to consider the shape of his face and the size of his eyes. Then, he should think about the type of job he has because some workplaces won’t allow certain fashion statements. Meanwhile, he should also consider these 3 important factors:
- The color of his roots – For the most natural look, coordinate the color of your brows with the roots of your hair. For something edgier, go with a darker color than your roots. However, let a stylist do the dying because it can cause injuries if you’re not careful enough.
- How much time he has for maintenance – A complex or customized eyebrows style for men will require lots of time for upkeep. You might even have to buy styling products too. So, try to choose something redoable that’s within your budget.
- His tolerance for pain – When they said, “No pain, no gain” they were probably talking about grooming men’s eyebrows. That’s because the process of plucking, waxing, and dying the hair can be unpleasant. In other words, make sure you’re up for the challenge.
Most men style their brows with minimal effort, meaning they simply prevent a unibrow and then do little else. To do that and stop there, just brush the hair upward. Then, cut off any excess above the hairline and pluck the strays that are growing in between.
Vital tools for creating an easy eyebrow style for men
There is a right way, and a wrong way, to groom a man’s eyebrows. In fact, you shouldn’t even touch the hair unless you have these vital tools:
- Straight razor for preliminary cutting
- Eyebrow or pubic hair trimmer with blade guards
- Tweezers for catching unruly hairs
- Hair removal cream that’s gentle on the skin
- Brow waxing kit in case you want to try that instead
- Moisturizer to prevent chaffing after grooming
Remember, a good eyebrow style for men is the one that compliments your personality the best. So, play with the boundaries to create something truly unique. And if you ever get sick of keeping up appearances, consider the pros and cons of laser hair removal.