Beautification and anti-aging skin care is no longer restricted to women. Metro-sexual males are opting for beauty treatments and anti-aging products, to maintain their youth and handsome features. Read on to know more about these in the article below.
Men have always been portrayed as the rough and tough gender which has no liking whatsoever for the beauty regimen followed by girls, to keep their skin glowing and younger looking. Men who took extra care of their skin and tried to follow anti-aging skin care, were looked upon as sissy’s and non-macho types. Even the cosmetics and pharmaceutical companies had an extensive line up of anti-aging skin care products and wrinkle creams for women. The skin care market concentrated solely on women and anti-aging skin care products for men took a back seat.
Today, a whole new generation of men has revolutionized the entire skin care and anti-aging industry by becoming conscious. Men no longer shy away from getting beauty treatments and skin care therapies that enhance their rugged looks and help them maintain a younger looking skin. Men have become more concerned about their skin and take anti-aging skin care quite seriously. There are number of beauty companies that have an exclusive line up of beauty products and anti-aging products for men.
Skin Care Tips
Research has proven, that men although have tougher skin than women, are still prone to aging just like women. The reasons that make men more susceptible to the signs of aging are:
- Men have rougher skin than women, as they shave almost daily, making it more prone to premature aging. One of the first anti-aging skin care tip while shaving is to frequently change the shaving blades. Cleanse the facial skin before you begin shaving. Use warm water (not hot) to make the outer layer of skin soft. Apply shaving cream that soothes the sensitive skin and prevents inflammation. Create plenty of lather to make the skin moist and soft. Never shave without applying shaving cream. Shave in the direction of hair growth and rinse the area often. Rinse your face after shaving with cool water. Apply a non-astringent, toning after shave lotion to soothe the skin. Apply an anti-aging face cream with moisturizer to keep your skin young and smooth.
- Skin remains firm, elastic and pliant with the production of collagen and elastin. As one ages, the production of these hormones decreases, making the skin sag and wrinkled. Thus, men should opt for skin creams that help in building collagen and elastin in their skin.
- Men tend to expose themselves to the harmful ultraviolet rays of sun more often than women. UV rays damage their skin leading to early aging. Thus, anti-aging face creams with UV ray protection are the right choice for men when looking for anti-aging products. Anti-aging skin care products containing sunscreens with UV blockers, consisting of 25% titanium dioxide and 20% zinc oxide or SPF 35 help combat the UV ray effects.
- Men tend to perspire more than women and thus lose more amount of water from their body. This dehydration of the body leads to dry skin that is damaged and more wrinkled. Thus, anti-aging skin care should include more fluid intake, to help their body make up for the loss due to perspiration and for rejuvenating the body.
- Men also tend to neglect their eating habits and do not follow a healthy diet regime. Thus, lack of proper nutrients makes their skin dull and prone to aging. Anti-aging skin care includes intake of fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, etc. to help maintain the nutritional and vitamin A and vitamin E levels in their body. These vitamins are very essential in delaying the unwanted signs of aging.
- Deep cleansing the face removes all the impurities from the skin pores and controls the excessive oil production. Thus, helping men to flush out the dirt, debris, dead skin cells from their skin pores, making their skin clean. This helps in preventing acne and wrinkles.
- Smoking is another factor that makes the skin age before time. Vascoconstiction of veins due to nicotine in cigarettes causes poor blood circulation. This reduces the distribution of nutrients to the skin and hence, causes damage to the skin, leading to unhealthy and wrinkled skin. Thus, anti-aging skin care includes cutting down heavily on the cancer sticks.
- For sensitive skin men should include use of organic anti-aging creams. Glycolic acid from alpha hydroxy acid which is extracted from sugarcane, malic acid extracted from apples etc. are organic anti-aging wrinkle creams and the ingredients are beneficial for men with sensitive skin.
These are a few anti-aging skin care tips, that help minimize the signs of aging in men. It is important to follow anti-aging skin care regime, to maintain a healthy and good-looking skin. It is advised to take good care of the neck area as well, as it is the skin on the neck that shows the tell-tale signs of aging more, than any other part of the body, according to dermatologists.
Use a sunscreen and moisturizer daily to maintain a younger, fresh looking skin. It is no longer strange for men to take care and be worried about aging skin. Anti-aging skin care is just as important as the physical regime followed by a macho man. It is no longer a taboo for men to participate in skin treatments and use anti-aging skin care products. Adapt this and enhance your handsome face.
Disclaimer: This article is for informative purposes only and does not in any way attempt to replace the advice offered by an expert on the subject.