Dark blotches, tanning, freckles, age spots, pigmentation… who said it’s just women who’re worried about these skin problems? This MenWit article shells out some great whitening tips for men’s skin so that they can say goodbye to aging spots, and take pride in their appearance.
- Don’t rub lemon directly on your face if you have pimples. This might cause a burning sensation.
- Skin whitening creams, if left on the skin for too long, can damage the skin.
Till when, oh, till when would you hide every flaw on your face with your beard? Agreed, it’s the safest option to avoid those unnecessary blemishes, but what about the times you’re clean-shaved? Dark spots embarrass you, and lower your confidence. And hardly do they find time from their busy schedule to take care of themselves. Many men, in hope of whitening their skin and getting rid of the flaws, tend to grab women’s facial creams, which is funny! Has it ever worked for you? How would it? Men’s skin is thicker than the female skin, and the continuous use of razors and aftershaves makes it even harder for any ordinary skin cream to penetrate, which is why women’s creams don’t work for them.
Remember, skin whitening doesn’t always mean you’re going to be fairer; it means that you’re going to even out your skin tone. So what are some ‘manly’ tips for men that can make them fairer and handsomer? Below are some home remedies listed for men so that they no more encounter skin problems, and definitely don’t have to hide them under the mustache and beard.
Everyone wants to see results with the blink of an eye. But the truth is, this doesn’t happen. Not at least in the case where you’re using natural products. However, those men who dread chemicals and toxins that are harmful to the skin, can always vouch for the miracles of nature, and make use of the following tips:
- To start with, never forget to wash your face at least twice a day with a face wash that has aloe vera and lime content. History has it, aloe vera and lime juice are the two best skin whiteners brought into practice for ages.
- Use a scrub every alternate day to remove the dead skin cells so that dirt and oil does not settle in your pores.
- While both face wash and scrub are essentials for your daily skin regimen, you can always acquire them in the form of natural products to lighten your skin tone. For example, lime juice, when applied by dabbing cotton all over the face, left for 15 minutes and washed off, bleaches the skin superficially. This contributes to enhancing the color tone of your skin, along with reducing blackheads and acne.
- Using tomato directly over your face has often given positive results to men. Tomato too has bleaching effects on the skin, and hence, causes the skin to whiten. You will see the effects at the very first application.
- On the other hand, if you feel tomato alone isn’t enough, you could make a paste out of blended tomato and lime juice, and apply it every morning. Within a week itself, you will find your appearance brightened and whitened. At first, you might feel a tingling sensation on your facial skin, but that’s perfectly okay, because both lime and tomato have citric acid that causes a tingling effect.
- If you’re up for some hard work on a daily basis, you could soak four almonds in the night, and peel them off in the morning. Grind them to make a paste, and add one teaspoon each of gram flour and milk. Massage your face with this paste everyday, leave it on for about 30 minutes, and let it dry. Wash it off with cold water, and see yourself getting fairer with each day passing by.
- Drinking 8-10 glasses of water will help in hydrating your body and flushing out the unwanted toxins.
Tried out every homemade skin whitener remedy, but couldn’t get satisfactory results? Perhaps, it’s time you seek professional help. A few tips might come handy if you’re no more a fan of natural products, and want to see yourself getting fairer at a rather quicker pace. So here are a few options that you could go for:
- Firstly, consult a dermatologist and go for skin whitening creams suggested by them. Skin whitening creams consist of hydroquinone and kojic acid, both of which are responsible for curbing melanocytes, the skin cells that cause pigmentation to the skin. However, many creams in the market are fake, and don’t generate the desired results. Visit your dermatologist and ask for a cream that he recommends is the best for your skin type. Usually, men go for Nur76 Skin Lightening Cream, Gluta-C, or Meladerm, which are considered to be quite effective for skin whitening. You can expect to see results within a month of use.
- Skin lightening peels are suggested for many men who want to have a considerably whiter skin. These lightening peels include the application of a fruity fatty acid peel, followed by a specialized formulation of skin lightening agents that not only remove the excessive tanning on the face, but also reduce pigmentation as well. These treatments generally cost a bit too much, but if you’re ready for it, and have decided to go for these lightening peels, you can expect them to keep your skin radiant and whiter for a long time.
- Dermatologists all over the world recommend that applying sunscreen to your skin everyday is the best way to take care of your skin. Hence, don’t ever forget to step out of the house without coating your skin with sunscreen as it lightens the skin quicker than any other skin product. Needless to say, choose a sunscreen lotion with higher SPF.
So, weren’t these some very easy and handy tips for becoming the fairer you? You cannot get whiter and fairer overnight (unless you’re opting for a professional treatment), and hence, it’s always advised you be patient and regular in applications. Incorporating these few tips daily in your lifestyle require not more than 15 minutes and the key to bring into use all these natural tips is to continue them for at least a month if you wish to see the desired results.