The piercing gusts of wind, the snow clad trees and the freshly shoveled driveways ideally describe a chilly winter season. It's the time when you prefer to stay indoors and warm yourself beside the fireplace. You shiver, rub your hands and cozy up in your jacket to beat the cold. I'm sure you can feel and draw the picture in your mind. Thus, comes the need of purchasing a few good jackets for yourself to enjoy the beauty of winter at outdoors as well.
Certain factors that need to be considered before purchasing a good brand are included in the following points.
- There's much difference between a men's winter coat and a winter jacket. A jacket is much trendier than a coat. Coats are usually meant for formal occasions.
- Jackets come in variety of shapes, designs, sizes and lengths and so do winter coats for men. Selecting a particular design will be absolutely your choice.
- You might also prefer wearing a sweater underneath your jacket. Therefore, buy a little loose fit for your comfort.
- Wool and cashmere are the best known material for winter jackets. Woolen jackets having a layer of thinsulate of quality.
- Cashmere is mainly used for designer winter jackets and is an expensive fabric despite not being durable enough.
- Leather jackets are stylish and they are mostly worn as fashionable winter clothing. However they do not breathe well.
- Wearing wind proof jackets with good insulation inside is the best way to beat the chilly winds of winter.
- Check for the binding of the jacket, the button quality and the flexibility of the zipper. Hooded jackets are better than the normal ones.
- The jacket must suit you. In one sentence, you should look good after wearing the jacket. Check for the premium brands and then do the purchasing.
Best Winter Jackets for Men
Winter clothing has created a new fashion statement in the market. Designer jackets, coats and wind proofs have become so popular that it's natural to get confused while purchasing. Light weight semi formal woolen jackets are perfect office wears. Blazer jackets complement men of all age groups and they come in neatly tailored designed. However, the elegance of vintage woolen jackets cannot be matched up with anything.
Earth tone jackets and jet black leather jackets are probably the best sellers in the market. The happening colors are fawn, beige, gray, rust, and white. Denim jackets are really cool and are much admired by youngsters. Although jeans jackets do not offer complete protection from cold, they are stylish, smart and cheap. Single breasted jackets with buttons are much in vogue today.
We list down the best brands over here.
- Free Country® Systems Jacket
- The North Face Mechanic Triclimate Jacket
- Marmot Greenland Baffled Jacket Men
- Columbia Ballistic Fleece Jacket
- Walls Premium Weight Duck Jacket
- The North Face Men's Denali Jacket
- St. John's Bay® Wool Peacoat
- Stafford® Wool-Blend Top Coat
- Patagonia Speed Ascent Jacket Men's Closeout
- Columbia Chugach Down Jacket
- Carabineer™ II Parka
- Nike K2 Expedition Jacket
- Free Country® Three Color Active Jacket
- Men's Lhotse Mountain™ II Parka
- JF J.Ferrar Hooded Peacoat
- Free Country® Nylon Fleece Jacket
- Arc'teryx Fission AR Jacket
- Adidas Wookiee Jacket
- Arcteryx Beta AR Jacket
- Men's Vortex Triclimate® Jacket
- Men's Atlas Triclimate® Jacket
- Men's Galaxy Triclimate® Jacket
- Men's Windwall® Triclimate® Jacket
- Alpha N2B Parka Jacket
- Bench Catapillar Jacket
- Crafted Hanbury Jacket
- Fenchurch Thaw Jacket
- Fenchurch Fetale Jacket
- BC London Knott Jacket
- Selected Wool Mix Funnel Neck Coat
- Selected Guitar Wool Jacket
- ASOS Denim Sleeveless Biker Jacket
- Fenchurch Overwatch Jacket
- Diesel Wittor Jacket
- Henleys Roly Jacket
- Belstaff Old Panther Leather Jacket
- Etienne Ozeki Zip Thru Hoodie Grey
- Belstaff Roadmaster Jacket
Check the size, quality and buy according to the prevailing trend of winter fashion. Keeping fashion a bit aside, your jacket should provide you ultimate protection in winter.