For men, attraction is equivalent to "visually appealing", but for a woman it is a combination of many qualities. First impression is something that sticks with you till the time you are with the person, so making an impressive first impression is a must. Hence, attractive headlines become very important for men. Here are few ways of hitting the bull’s eye, when it comes to dating headlines.
Today, the Internet is one of the most important mediums for socializing. From meeting new friends to finding your soul-mate, it helps in every which way. But, when it comes to catching someone’s attention, it becomes very difficult. With so many choices, people just surf hurriedly, seldom reading profiles in detail. So, if you are a man, and want girls to be interested in you, you will need a strong statement for your profile; one that is noticed easily. Write something that tells people a little about your character, show your funny side, or use a quote that you love. Dating headlines should reflect your personality, making an impression that is impossible to forget.
If you are wondering why some guys are lucky when it comes to Internet dating, you probably haven’t checked their dating headlines. One line can make the difference between a thriving social life and information lost in cyberspace. This makes single quotes very important. There are thousands of profiles online, and the only way to get women to notice you is with impressive dating headlines. Advertising taught us the usefulness of catchy lines long ago, didn’t it? They really do grab the reader’s attention. To begin with, you can take a note of the following things:
Tip 1: Keep it Short and Sweet
Some of the best headlines are “to the point”. In fact, according to a study by the University of Chicago, the best dating headline is “Hi”. However, you might like to be a tad more descriptive than that, which is fine, but avoid writing prose which might bore the reader.
Tip 2: Make it Suitable and Effective
The job of a headline is to attract a girl, isn’t it? The kind of girl who will be attracted, depends completely on the tone and nature of your headline. If you are looking for a girl who is serious and gentle, you can’t post cheesy and over-the-top witty headlines. Your headline should clearly reflect the kind of girl you are looking for. This doesn’t mean you state it outright like ‘Looking for a smart, sweet, and innocent girl’. Remember, it is not an advertisement!
Tip 3: Include Questions
Questions are an excellent way of grabbing someone’s attention. So, if you happen to have a question for your perfect lady, you never know, you might just hit the jackpot.
Tip 4: Clichés are Passé
If you browse through the net, you will discover the excessive use of headlines that are clichéd. Often, a girl takes this as a sign of laziness. Some, also think of it as dumb. So, try coming up with new ideas, or else you might lose out on making that correct first impression.
Tip 5: Try a Quote
Using a quote from a book, poem, or movie is a very impressive, and smart move. They evoke a reaction from the reader. If the girl tends to like the same quote as yours, it will strike an instant chord. The quote should reflect your personality, and at the same time, be catchy. Many times, showing your emotional and romantic side floors the girl. Girls like guys who wear their heart on their sleeves.
Tip 6: Try Using Philosophy
Philosophy will reflect seriousness, and will create an impression that you wear your heart on your sleeve. However, resort to this option, only if you are comfortable, and have some idea about what you’re talking; you really do not want a ‘foot in your mouth’ kind of situation.
Tip 7: Citing Characters from Books, Movies, or Cartoons
If you want a girl who is trendy and/or smart, then use your favorite characters smartly in your headline. You can also show your creative side by coming up with a unique headline with your favorite character name. Creativity never goes unappreciated. Here are two examples: ‘Guy seeking his Elizabeth Bennet’, and ‘Popeye seeks his Olive’.
Tip 8: Take Help from Friends
You can also get ideas by asking your friends to describe you in one line. After their feedback, you can use few words or lines from their description to come up with your unique headline.
Usually, a unique headline is an ultimate hit among girls. If a girl holds onto your headline, you buy a minute of their time which can help you find your ideal girl. But not all of us are Shakespeare, so here are a few dating headlines that you can choose from:
If you are a deep thinker, and would like to attract women the old-fashioned way, here are some lines that will touch their hearts.
- Passionate eyes gaze for you.
- A hopeless romantic with no one to romance with!
- Living a dream, hoping to wake up in your arms.
- Fill my empty soul, kind-hearted.
- GOD only made one thing for me and it’s you!
- If the earth is round, in which corner are you hiding?
- Still single, ’cause waiting for the perfect woman …
- Want to grow old with you and our children!
- I dream of you every day.
- Baby want a hubby?
To flaunt your intellectual side, and catch the attention of a beauty with brains, quotes are the thumb rule. It could be a quote by your favorite author, celebrity, or someone who has inspired you.
- I used to ask my mother, ‘How can I find the right woman for me?’ and she would answer, ‘Don’t worry about finding the right woman – concentrate on becoming the right man. – Bill Cosby
- Makeup and high heels are a plus, but a great smile and personality should be a must. – Anonymous
- I want to find a girl that is herself. I don’t want someone that pretends. So simple. – Taylor Lautner
- In true love the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged. – Hans Nouwens
- You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. – John Lennon
- I was nauseous and tingly all over. I was either in love or I had smallpox. – Woody Allen
- If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question? – Lily Tomlin
- When I am with you, the only place I would want to be is closer. – Anonymous
- Love is like a violin. The music may stop now and then, but the strings remain forever. – June Masters Bacher
- Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That’s relativity. – Albert Einstein
Some say that women like pickup lines even if they are corny, because it makes them feel special. Write something that will make a woman feel that it’s been written only for her. Most girls like pets, so if you genuinely love pets, make a reference to it in your headline.
- Bad Boy Seeks Good Girl
- More than just your Boy-Toy
- The guy your mother warned you about!
- Not a model, just look like one!
- A good man is hard to find, but a bad one is harder to resist!
- Care for U Forever
- Have strong knees, willing to fall!
- Have a lonely bike, need a pillion.
- Love contact sports
- Looking for someone to spend my fortune …
- For you I pine.
- I’m patient, been waiting for you since birth!
- AAA: Available Adorable Artist
- Blue eyes, blond hair, big budget!
There are billions of words in cyberspace, with millions of them only on profiles. The only way to make your profile unique, is to have a headline that creates an impression. Headlines are not only for making girlfriends or finding your special someone, it can also be an icebreaker for your to-be friends. Many conversations start with headlines, and turn into an everlasting friendship, so put your grey cells to work. Here were just few examples, but if you have more to add to the list, please post them in the comments column below, and make your headline famous.